View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
zx7ninja
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Issues with prime....backlight or screen? RMA?

Hi all. Having issues with my TF201 prime.
Picked it up in early January, and has been running like a champ since. NEVER had any of the issues others have talked about. Wifi is great, screen is (was) perfect, no battery issues, etc....

Until now.

The problem I am having, is the screen keeps turning itself off. It is completely random. Sometimes it will be fine for an hour, then suddenly turn off. Others, it will go off repeatedly. What I mean is, when I am using it (surfing, email, gaming, doesn't matter what i'm using it for) the screen will just go off, and lock itself. Unlock, and screen goes off and it locks itself again.

Sometimes it will be 4 or 5 times, then it's fine. Other times, it will do it over and over until I give up, turn it off, and let it sit.

While this is happening, sometimes the power button is unresponsive, and it won't turn back on unless pressed 3 or 4 times. Other times, it will turn right back on without me touching anything.

I have disabled the screen timer. Was 5 minutes, now is set to never turn off. I have also disabled the lock. Same issues.

Performed a cold/hard reset by holding volume down and power button, no change.

Not sure what else I can do.

Also, sometimes it seems as the keyboard gets stuck. Random things will type when i'm not typing, similar to a regular pc keyboard having stuck keys.

Any ideas? I baby this thunk, and it doesn't even have a scratch. I really don't want to send it in.