View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
DoctorEyeSight

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Hello All,

I did the following:

Went into Clock Work Mod Recovery, and did a nandroid of my previous AOKP B40 ICS ROM.

Wiped Data/Cache/Dalvik/Battery Stats and went into Mounts and Storage and selected format system and selected "Yes" to format the system.

Then flashed the Codename Jelly Bean ROM (Codename-Android - 3.0.0-GN-VZN) followed by it's GApps (CNA - JB-GAPPS-20120726-signed.zip).

Rebooted phone, took about 1.5 minutes to reboot and went through activation.

Now playing around with it, especially Google Now!

Current Issues: (1) Why didn't Youtube/Google Play Music/Google Chrome and other Google Applications get installed automatically? A few applications got installed. I hope I used and installed the right GApps file. I need to install fresh my applications now from Play Store.

(2) I normally use Hotmail Application and when opening my e-mails, it does not show the attachment that comes along with the e-mail. I downloaded Adobe Reader and Documents To Go (.doc reader) and didn't resolve the issue.

(3) When logging in using the e-mail application, the screen stays on "Waiting for sync. Your email will appear soon." Waited for a while and the emails didn't appear.

(4) My Verizon Mobile does not work. States that a Client Login needs to be downloaded. I need this to work so that I can manage my talk/data limits.