View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
joeninho
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi again all,

I've just moved house and the hotspot broadband has given me limited internet access...

Thank you all for your kind replies. I'm reluctant to try anything suggested as I dont want to lose our pics. Are there any methods above that will definitely not wipe the phone?

Just to put you guys in the picture - I must be the unluckiest Samsung customer alive. This is my 4th phone in as many weeks. O2 keep sending me reconditioned models that have had all sorts of problems. This being the worst. Unfortunately, the phone arrived a couple of days before we flew out for our wedding, so I had no time to get an SD card. How I am now regretting that decision. So, the pics are all stored to the phones internal memory. I thought 16GB should hold me for two weeks!

Samsung support have recommended taking it to a service centre - they provided details of several today. Any thoughts on this?

A quick update. Since the battery has drained with the phone switching on and off, it now does not start at all. The only sign of life is the grey battery picture when you plug the phone in.

It has been suggested to me by an O2 guru that the power button is stuck on. Any idea how I would fix this. He said that he had seen similar before. So, no progress as yet and it looks like our pics could be lost...

Thanks again. You have all been very kind. Again, any help at all would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards,

Joe.