Thread: OTA Update
View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
obscuro

Device(s): HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

I'm going to make a poster that says, "Fastboot boot is your friend."

Quote:
3)make a backup of working newts rom,in case you want to come back to it,you wont have to reflash the rom over your old backup to get it working on new fimrware.
The only thing about flashing newts is the script is built to do a full wipe. So my old newts backup worked after doing a full wipe and restoring it, but then when I tried to reflash newts over it, I no longer had any apps.

But I remember you said something about my old newts backup (taken from ICS on GB) would retain some of the GB firmware patch?

So I'm at a loss of what I need to do before flashing viperrez again.

EDIT: From my fresh newts-on-ics rom, I'm going to try restoring just the data from my old newts backup, since you said that may work. Then going to try doing a titanium backup and backing up new rom like you said. Do I need to do anything between doing an up-to-date backup of working newts and flashing viperrez?

EDIT2: After doing a TiBu and a nandroid of my new newts setup, I then wiped cache/DC and flashed viperrez. Still getting bootloops. I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.

EDIT3: Wiped /boot and /system, then flashing viperrez. See if that works.

EDIT4: Then I tried wiping cache in stock recovery, then wiping dalvik-cache and rebooting. No go. So back to fresh viperrez with no apps, for now, need my phone for work. Still want to get to the apps in that TiBu to save me a lot of grief!
Last edited by obscuro; August 6th, 2012 at 11:16 PM.