View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #1264 (permalink)
maxwelbd

Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrb View Post
The most likely issues is latency on your network. Can you run a speed test with the free speedtest.net app. Check the upload, download and ping time. A high ping time could indicate latency.
I've been using speedtest.net since I bought the phone, and my ping/download/upload has been consistently better than my friend who has an Iphone on ATT. My pings range from 45ms to 62ms on 4G and around 30ms on my wifi at home.

The App does work significantly better on wifi. Although I was in Reno over the weekend using their wifi at Peppermill, and I experienced the same kind of delay. So sounds like the App will only work for me (without the delay) on a very good connection. I'm disappointed with TMO 4G that I'm not getting a better connection, but that's what I get for switching to the no contract $30/month plan. I'm used to Verizon network, but I got tired of paying $90/month and being locked in for 2 years at a time.

This App will help pick up the slack on my limited minute plan, and with that I am satisfied.