View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
TheMortallyWounded

Device(s): HTC Eris 2.1 (ADR6200) xtrROM 5.0.1 HTC Rezound (ADR6425LVW) 3.14.605.10
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
If HTC wants brand loyalty then OS OTA's are not only expected, but assumed.
"When you make an assumption, you make an @$$ out if you... and Umption."
-Will Smith, from Star Wars Episode 2

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/android-4-1-jelly-bean-another-update-most-will-never-see/21003
Old article, but worth reading.

Much like the Erus, which never received an OTA OS upgrade past Eclair, the Rezound was pretty much a Verizon phone built by HTC. The marketing is all Verizon. Even the red "z" in the name is Verizon's. They have no major interest in selling any more, because the selling points are now moot. Dual core is surpassed by quad core. Beats us no linger HTC's red headed stepchild. 720 screens suck up power, and as an LCD its days are numbered. Sense 4.0 is deemed "incompatible" with the Resound, and as one user put it, Sense 4.0's numbering sequence is a marketing ploy itself, leading me to believe that HTC has moved on since Verizon wanted another spec-killing phone. I don't believe that we'll ever see a major OTA upgrade, other than maybe one or two bug fixes. Demanding an upgrade to 4.1 is, IMO, pointless.

Root and let XDA take care of that for you.
Last edited by TheMortallyWounded; August 9th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.