View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #18677 (permalink)
MarcMaiden

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus CDMA, Nexus 7 on the way! Skyrocket, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, Galaxy Tab, Kindle
Carrier: Not Provided

So I don't know how many musicians we have here but I thought I'd share:

(kind of a long story warning)

When I was a young guitar player ( about 7 - 8 years ago ), I used to go to my moms office after school every day. I used to enjoy it because her boss (rich guy) was also a guitar player and kept his amp and some guitars in his office. Since I was young, I didn't know much about gear, but I fell in love with his amp. It was a Fender Cyber Deluxe amp. I foolishly asked him if he would ever sell that amp to me. He said sure and told me he wanted $650 for it since it was a $1200 amp new. Obviously mom wasn't going to help me out and I had no money so I had to decline. That amp because my first "dream" amp. I had completely forgot about it all the years since but today, I walked into a music store, and to make a long story short, found that same amp on sale for $300 (lightly used) and snagged it on the spot.

EDIT: if anyone is wondering I am using a Schecter C7+ with it (7 string guitar) and an Ibanez RG520qm as well as a hand built cheap strat.

I am a kid on christmas right now! Sorry for the bad picture but the lighting in my studio is horrible!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MarcMaiden For This Useful Post:
ajdroidx (August 10th, 2012), DarthSilentBob (August 10th, 2012), IHateMyTreo (August 9th, 2012), jmar (August 9th, 2012), RazorSharp (August 9th, 2012), Stigy (August 10th, 2012), The_Chief (August 9th, 2012), Unforgiven (August 9th, 2012)