View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #66 (permalink)
HotRoderX

Device(s): Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7, LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

I really think we are starting to see a much deeper issue surface in America then just what the CEO of chick fli a said. I really think where at tipping point here in America.

We see tons of outrage because the CEO came out and said he does not support gay marriage that's his opinion. I believe he is entitled to it just like everone is entitled to there's.

After the CEO came out and said that he was labeled a racist, hater, etc, etc. Then people talked about boycotting Chick-fil-a which to me is the proper way to handle the situation. No one is forced to eat there, you can always go to another restaurant to eat.

Then mayors in several counties came out and said they would not approve zoning permits or what have you for Chick-fli-a. This is when things changed at least in my mind. I want to forget for a sec that the mayors have the rights to do this. That's not in question at all there elected officials its there city's they have the right to do as they please and the power.

I wanna look at this from a moral stand point for a sec. What makes these mayors any different then the CEO? When the city's decided to block Chick-Fli-a from building in there districts isnt that discrimination? There basically saying our point of view is right and if you don't like it your hateful racist who discriminant. How does this even remotely make since.

People need to remember there are always two sides to ever coin. I don't understand how its wrong for the CEO of Chick-Fli-A to give money to a organization who is anti gay rights. When its OK for the CEO of Amazon to give money to a PRO gay rights group? Why aren't they both wrong? Why is it OK to support one but not the other? They both infringe on someones beliefs and what they feel is right.

Another argument I see a lot and have even had to deal with.

Is the gun rights arguments people have I am pro 2nd amendment. I own a few firearms my self and I really enjoy going out to the range.

I have been called some pretty nasty things when I had a friend find out about it. I let him know after he told me how horrible I was. That I fully support his rights to not like firearms. I understand and appreciate we have different opinions. I would do my best to not mention or speak about them in his presence. I would not come around him with any type of firearm. In return I ask for him to do his best to respect my rights to keep and bare-arms. Also to not come around me if he knew a firearm would be present. We both agreed and could respect that. I also think he was a little blown away by my civility. I think he thought he was going to pick a huge political fight about how firearms are not bad etc etc. He does like to debate things

I think that's the major problem with things. People want to put there opinions and views on the for front they want shove them down peoples throats. They want to champion a cause to be a hero. They want everyone to know how they feel 24/7. I think we have twitter, facebook, myspace, etc to blame for this.

Maybe if more people took the approach i used with my friend there would be far less discrimination on both sides of the coin.
The Following User Says Thank You to HotRoderX For This Useful Post:
Rachel A (August 11th, 2012)