View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #92 (permalink)
A.Nonymous
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel_Ambler View Post
As shocking as it may sound, being Christian and supporting gay marriage is not necessarily exclusive.
A fair enough point. Still, what the guy said wasn't particularly shocking given who it's coming from.

Quote:
At the end of the day why are people so against the LGBT community from boycotting CFA? He said and did something we don't like, we don't eat there as a result. Is that really so bad, so evil, so wrong? Folk can boycott McD's because they don't like the golden arches if they want to. Who are we hurting by boycotting? Has our boycott prevented supporters from eating there? The exact opposite I'd say.

Or is this simply a 'hands off our chicken' mentality? Would folk have such a visceral reaction if he only sold healthy salads?
I have no issue with any community boycotting any business for any reason. Some boycotts are sillier than others. Personally, I think it's silly to boycott CFA over this as you have no chance of changing the CEOs mind. But that's irrelevant really. My issue is people calling for government sponsored censorship because they disagree with the guys views.