View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #97 (permalink)
Rachel A

Device(s): VZW GS3 4.0.4 Rooted, Droid Incredible (Retired) , Motorola Xoom 4.0.4 (Unrooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
A fair enough point. Still, what the guy said wasn't particularly shocking given who it's coming from.

I have no issue with any community boycotting any business for any reason. Some boycotts are sillier than others. Personally, I think it's silly to boycott CFA over this as you have no chance of changing the CEOs mind. But that's irrelevant really. My issue is people calling for government sponsored censorship because they disagree with the guys views.
This isn't so much of changing Dan's mind here. It's more used as a symbolic gesture. The community needed to highlight what they saw as an injustice when Dan clarified his position and used it as a rallying point.

And I agree with you on your last point. He should be fought with viewpoints but not with censorship. That's a dark road to start out on.