View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Metfanant

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue32), Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo42 View Post
I like it for completely wiping (I mean the Sodom and Gomorrah wipe: formatting everything) and then flashing w/Odin.

I'm glad someone posted it because I didn't have a stock G1 ROM (I don't count NoSympathy's since it triggers the "Custom" boot screen...odd that). I don't know if its hosted anywhere other than torrent (I'll keep seeding it until it is).
i think the Custom boot screen is kinda wonky in and of itself...root66 never tripped it for me...except for once i rebooted the phone for something or another and it tripped it...

i didn't know that NoSymp's tripped it as well...ive been running Synergy for a little over a day now and that trips it (as expected)

also...as i suggestion...i would also include CWM in your guide...since it really goes hand in hand with root...personally i suggest for EVERYONE i speak to to use EZ Recovery and always flash CWM 6.0.1.0...

i know there are other options out there (esp Team Win) but i think with Kexec looking more and more like its going to be THE way to seriously mod our phones i personally feel there should be a consensus on the advice being given out...and CWM 6.0.1.0 is the kexec/kernel/auto-flash friendly option

Questions about rooting/modding your VZW Samsung Galaxy S3? Go Here