View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #18912 (permalink)
RazorSharp

Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Good morning all.

Helped my dad pack up the moving truck and he should be on his way to Tampa within an hour or two. I am both excited and upset - its weird to have a family member move away like that, but its good for him. I've been away from home (albeit an hour or less) for 6ish years with school and moving out, but its a bit farther now. BUT at least I have a reason to visit Florida and take a small vacation here or there.

Found out my grandpa was in the hospital this weekend too because he was being stubborn, not taking his medicine and his blood sugar dropped to 30. He's much better now and seems to be getting back to his normal self, which is good. Hopefully he gets to go home in a day or two - he's definitely on edge being confined to that room needing to ring that bell to do anything. I'd be going crazy too.

This should be a nice week though - working from home on Friday and then I took next Monday off for my birthday. Hopefully nothing crazy happens this week - I could use a relaxing week or two.
Sorry to hear about your grandpa, Stigy, hope he stays well.

And don't worry about your dad - I'm sure he'll enjoy Florida. My dad actually moved down there a few years ago, he lives a little bit outside St. Petersburg, and I think he's much happier. I've visited him a few times, he has a great house that he bought on the cheap, and he goes to the beach all the time. Make sure to visit him often.
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorSharp For This Useful Post:
Stigy (August 13th, 2012)