View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #1458 (permalink)
bluemask

Device(s): Lenovo A789
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2554 View Post
OK, I received the A789 on Monday from etotalk. I have it running in parallel with my A750and here are my first impressions:

Build quality nice, slightly slimmer and bigger than the A750. Looks ot as bulky. The back cover grips well in hand.

The screen Pleasant and same size and quality as the A750. No problems with touch quality.

Google Apps Installed by etotalk. Works well. No problems with geographic apps i.e Park-Line, Paris Metro. My Dutch bank app works well.

GPS has EPO assistance, A-GPS. Bit slow to lock.

FM Transmitter Can be useful to listen to Nav instructions on your car radio

Performance Better than the A750. Tested with SPB Shell 3D and Asphalt 6. AnTuTu score is 5302.

Problems For some reason, the Location service does not work. Apps can ot find location with the Network Location services. I have reported the problem to etotalk with screen shots. Will post update.

Remarks I like the phone, good feel, good performance, classier look than the A750. I only think it's a pity the Lenovo didn't release this phone with 1GB RAM

Feel free to post any questions you might have.

do you know a simple way to remove the etotalk animation in start up and shut down? It very annoying me! And where i can find the right USB driver for Windows 7? Thanks.
For all i confirm your positive test on A789, very good phone!