View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #19064 (permalink)
AntimonyER
AF Addict

Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,309 Times in 4,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
No.

Dear god, no.

In the first place, I am pretty sure that we'd all notice if the writing were upside down when deciding to answer that long call from Aunt Fanny.

In the second place, aesthetics everywhere used to standing on their heads in meditation and calling Aunt Fanny back to fight the boredom while the blood rushes to their brains are not going to be happy with this at all.

This is one of the worst answers to a question that no one's asked that I've ever seen.

BTW - if there are people that can't tell which end of the phone is up - leave them be. The world is better off not hearing them.

Honest.

To be fair, both my devices now (Nexus 7, GNex) are completely gloss black with no clear identifying features. I have a few times picked up my phone and held it upside down. However I do agree that this is not an issue that I would want Google wasting resources on, as most likely it will only be Nexus devices that don't have manufacturer or carrier branding to identify "This way up"

P.S. All will be forgiven if Apple rolls out this feature on the new iPhone, and Google sues the pants off them though
See something you hate? Hit Report!