View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #1280 (permalink)
snrb
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by tori729 View Post
I suppose I could just call them back but that would be sort of lame. :/

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, I just didn't expect it to be this difficult.
I will probably be on here bothering you for awhile because the contacts and the texting confuses the heck out of me too!

ETA: Ok so I was searching earlier on this thread and someone said if you check to forward to Google Chat AND to your mobile number then it will first ring on your GV and if that doesn't work, it will ring on your regular dialer.
I tried this and it worked - would that work if I didn't have wifi?
Then I could just give people my GV number and NOT my carrier number.
Will that work? Does anyone else do that?
However, that means when I don't have wifi I have to make incoming calls with my native number. Which I suppose is ok as long as I tell people to call the other number but that my calls might come through on a different number.

Google Voice can forward your incoming calls to multiple places. You could have calls forwarded to both your cell and Google Chat, but you'd get the incoming call twice. You could manually change the forwarding between Google Chat and your cell or we've released an app called GrooVe Forwarder that can automatically adjust your Google Voice settings based on whether GrooVe IP is signed in or not (will need a data connection to update the settings).

For outgoing calls you can use GrooVe IP or if you didn't have a good data connection you could install and use the Google Voice android app. The Google Voice app will use your cell phone minutes but the outgoing caller id will be your Google Voice number.