View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #49 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 7,226 Times in 4,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXTLOVER View Post
Okay scotty, I think I'm about to go the route you're on since my battery just plain ol' sucks on Viper Rez I loved that ROM, too.

To run the 3.14.605.12 RUU, do I follow the same instructions on your post from method #2)"full ruu" method to unroot? Do I still need to flash SetMainVersionLOW.zip? I did make a Nandroid backup of the stock (OTA) ICS; maybe I can just use that Nandroid backup instead of the full RUU?

Thanks in advance
yes,you can use those directions,just substitue the ruu for 3.14.605.12

you can prolly forgo the main version tool,i doubt anything youve installed as changed your main version to something higher than 3.14.605.12

as long as you OTAed and have the matching 3.14 firmware,you are prolly fine in just restoring a stock nandroid.

if you want the whole update,youll need to install it just like described in the OP:
*charge your phone to 100%!

-place OTAPkg_stage1 onto the root of your sd card. rename it to "update"

-boot to the factory recovery via adb reboot recovery (optionally,you can select recovery from the hboot menu if you dont wish to use cmd)

-youll see a yellow error message about cache. dont worry,this is normal

-hold vol UP and power until you see blue writing that is the stock recoverys menu

-using the vol rocker and power button,wipe cache

-select apply update from sd card

-choose "update.zip"

*sit your phone down and let it do its thing. youll see yellow writing as the update applies patch files,then a couple different screens as it makes firmware changes.

you dont need to extract firmware and rename it PH98IMG as the android police directions state. the stock recovery will apply all firmware and software all by itself

alternately,you can keep checking for system updates and just apply it OTA
donate to my device fund
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
NEXTLOVER (August 17th, 2012), obscuro (August 16th, 2012)