View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2012, 06:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOnVinyl View Post
Yeah trtr's got me hooked on the 4ext - so I've got a backup of my stock image, the only problem here is that I don't have the money at the moment to fork over for a premium key for Titanium Backup. I do however have the app "App Quarantine" which sounds like it does similar, I'm assuming if I backup all the apps that I plan on freezing/removing with Titanium Backup then use App Quarantine for the time being to freeze the apps - I'd have a good combination.

My only worry is what apps are safe to freeze? I heard one of the Vzw apps will put me through brick.

Here's the apps I have in Quarantine so far:

Should I unquarantine these and back them up with Titanium? Then requarantine them?
the main prollems with free titanium are this:
1)you cannot do batch backups/resrtores(need to do them one at a time )
2)you cannot freeze apps,only delete them

*please make sure that the only apps you backup with titanium,and attempt to restore to different roms are user apps. do not try and install system apps or data from one rom to another.

another option for backing up your user apps to restore to a new rom is mybackup. i have not personally used it,so i cant comment directly,only that it is a popular app,and most folks seem to somewhat prefer its UI over that of titanium backup.

there are prolly several apps in the market that will freeze bloatware,so just do some searching and try and fine one that will let you freeze before deleting that way you dont have to try and backup with one,then delete with the other. if app quarantine is letting you pull apps and make them nonfunctional prior to deleting them,then you can continue using it

remember your nandroid will have all those apps in it,so restoring it will bring them all back if you need to. no need to back them up with titanium.

as far as whats safe,pretty much anything in the app drawer... those pictured are defiantely safe. there is actually quite alot you can do without. there was a list on xda,if you search for it.

rest assured that while somethings may break function if you delete them,there is nothing you can delete that will "brick" you beyond repair
donate to my device fund
Last edited by scotty85; August 16th, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
AlexOnVinyl (August 16th, 2012)