View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #1288 (permalink)
snrb
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by tori729 View Post
Ok, so if I disconnect from Groove IP because I'm not in wifi anymore, it can't just use my cell signal to change the settings, correct? So I would need to change things beFORE I lose wifi because if I wait then I basically won't get calls right?

Also, do I enable the automatic settings button or not? Does enabling it just make the info above the button work or does it also put into play the settings I changed?
Right, it can't use your cell signal unless you have a data plan/data access. Since you'd be changing things manually I wouldn't enable the automatic button. Just use the checkboxes on the main page to adjust the settings in Google Voice. Check the checkbox for Google Chat when you have WiFi and before you lose WiFi, check the checkbox for your cell phone.

You can use the automatic settings if you'd like, but it won't be able to update your settings unless you have a data connection. To use the automatic settings enable the automatic mode. And then go into the app settings. For GrooVe IP only enable Google Talk as the forwarding location. The WiFi and Cellular settings will only be used if GrooVe IP signs out. So set those both to your cell phone.