Thread: Voting Fraud
View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:36 AM   #56 (permalink)
A.Nonymous

Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmybliss View Post
Requiring an ID to exercise your constitutional right to vote is fundamentally un American. The statistics on voter fraud do not merit such drastic action. These laws have been enacted for one reason only, to suppress the vote of the working poor and minorities. Even if the ID itself were available at no charge, the documents needed to obtain one most often are not. This constitutes a hidden poll tax, and us therefore unconstitutional.

Imagine this scenario if you will. It's 7:00p.m. the Monday before the election. You're late leaving the office because you needed to get some work out of the way so you could take time to go to the polls. You head out to you car and are held up and robbed at gunpoint. You're wallet, along with your I'D is stolen. No way you can get a replacement before the polls close the next day. Too bad for you, I guess you won't be exercising your constitutional right to vote. Maybe you shouldn't have supported that voter ID law after all.

Yes, that was a bit facetious, but a plausible scenario, and yet another mark against these laws.
In that case you'd just cast a provisional ballot. After the fact they'd verify you were who you say you were and your vote would count. Same thing as if you show up at the poll and you haven't registered to vote.