Thread: General 905 update
View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #191 (permalink)
Hk996

Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthpanda View Post
To make sure we are clear here the steps are

1.With the phone on, put it into airplane mode

2.Power phone down

3.Power up, let the apps have a chance to start up first. Give it atleast a minute after the clock screen comes up.

4.The phone will have remained in airplane mode, turn off airplane mode.

The data connection will start shortly, this is when the glitch happens with the signal bars, btw its a bigger set of the same four bars, it shrinks and data boots up. You will have 100% connection tme in a well covered area.

I have discovered also that putting the phone back into airplane mde and out, as well as utilizing the wifi radio, or a powerdown out of airplane mode. Will put the phone back into submission. So refrain from altering the network connection after the airplane glitch.

I have contacted moto over the phone about this. They say "you are a genius sir" "keep dreaming up ideas and fixes." Hopefullybetween the phonecall and these posts i can get some serious crackdown on this.
So, after several months of 4G issues, I finally got off my butt and found this thread. I first noticed the connectivity issues a few weeks before the last OTA update. I thought the update would fix the problem, but it didn't. I didn't have the problem with 3G, but I'm paying for 4G, so it should work. I went to a verizon store to request a new SIM card (tech support told me to do that). The store told me it wouldn't help, but did it anyways. They were right. When I asked about the 4G issues, the store said that it was probably a network thing and the salesguy said his razor had the same issues. So, I just dealt with the issue, using my mifi or wifi when I needed to.

When I found this thread, I did what Stealthpanda said and it has worked. I did notice that by switching the wifi on and off brings back the issue. My problem now is when I power down and turn back on, the phone screen will not stay on. I will start to put in my password and it turns off. This will happen for a while. I do not know how long that lasts, because when I connect to the moto lapdock it will stay on. Anyone have any issues like that?