View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
stane1983
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroStylery View Post
Hi, I'm new with Android devices and I'm trying to root a Google TV device.

The link of the Box is: dx.com /p/gv-10-android-4-0-multi-media-player-w-wifi-hdmi-usb-sd-lan-black-4gb-142439?item=7

I tried to update the firmware to this new one, but I couldn't use SU command.
Have you some step-to-step tutorial?

If my questions are ridiculous, please sorry, but I'm learning about it yet.
Hi,

your device is ATV-108... But make sure it's f16ref (m3)..

Fist, go to V-Play download section and download DeviceChecker to make sure you have f16device. Copy it to usb stick and install it via AppInstaller. If it says f16ref, from my page you download f16ref (rev 2) firmwares, if it says c03ref, you download c03ref (ver 1) firmwares.

On page firmwares are sorted by date with newest on top. Download ZIP package and extract all files from zip archive to SDCARD. Insert sdcard in device, go to Upgrade application -> Local Upgrade -> select /sdcard/update.zip file and press next -> Reboot device and install upgrade.

You don't need to have superuser to upgrade your device (my firmwares are built from Amlogic sources, and installed as official Visson ones).

When you install my fw, if you want to use Superuser, before you have to open Superuser app and click Okay on changelog window. Before that su will not work.

Note: Make sure to install correct firmware (c03ref/f16ref). If you install wrong firmware on f16ref.... it's little tricky to get it working again...