Thread: General Phone Finder App for S3?
View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
artbytes
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung GS3 Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
To be more explicit, at&t removed dive from their sgs3. Its all in the other thread that this is a duplicate of. Mobile so I can't easily search it out
Thanks. I found that thread: Cannot Find Find My Mobile

At least I know not to spend any more time looking for "Find My Mobile."

I tried an app that was recommended in that thread, "SeekDroid". The Web commands work really well. However, the SMS messages don't do a thing - just like for the other apps I've tried so far. I was reading in their help section, and I think I've seen the same thing said in the help section of another similar app. They said that 3rd party SMS apps might interfere with the SMS functions of the finder apps. ATT did install it's own messages app on the ATT version of the S3. I'm beginning to wonder if that's the problem.

If anyone else has an ATT S3 with the "Messages" app installed, let me know if you have similar problems.

I tried disabling the Messages app, it didn't help. However, when I went back to look again, it looked to me as though the app was still enabled. Maybe I can't turn it off. I don't think that I can leave it off all of the time, anyway. As far as I know, it's the only way for me to receive my visual voicemail, (which now is included in my plan for no extra charge.)