Thread: Support Screen dims for no reason
View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
thecarlsoncrew
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Razr Maxx running Cyanogenmod 10.1, Nexus 7 running stock + root
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanan9190 View Post
weird ! have you set any smart settings ? and does the same occur while charging your device ?
No kidding!

I tinkered with the Smart Settings when I first got the phone, but was unimpressed and shut them all off immediately. So, as of now, I have nothing set to modify the screen brightness automatically. I suppose it is possible that something is doing it in the background that I don't know about, but if that's the case then something has changed recently to trigger it more frequently. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that sort of thing, though, so I'd be very open to any suggestions you have on that.

I have it set to never turn off the screen when plugged in/charging, so it will go to the dim setting after 1 minute of inactivity (while plugged in). With this new strangeness happening, then, when I unplug it and start using it, it just stays dim.

This dimness doesn't happen 100% of the time. It used to be once every few weeks, but it's much more frequent for the past couple of weeks. Probably 60-70% of the time.