Thread: Voting Fraud
View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #96 (permalink)
Apoplectic1

Device(s): Huawei M835
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutofDate1980 View Post
Yes, I have. You're honestly comparing checking ID to Jim Crow laws? Wow...

Quote:
Again, the scaremongers refuse to address the real problem, counting the vote, rather they are attempting to sow fear of a bogeyman to deny working class citizens of their right to vote.
You have yet to show any real reason how this will stop any working class citizen from voting.

Quote:
Many locations to obtain the voter ID cards are part time, only opened a few week days during business hours a week. Some are open only one day every 2 months.

It's not unusual to spend an entire day to obtain, plus the expense of obtaining supporting documents.
I don't know about other states, but in FL you just have to stroll into a DMV. While not the most pleasant experience in life, its not horrible. As long as you don't stroll in during peak hours (like right before they close on Friday) they can have you out in two hours or less. I did it just 4 weeks ago to have the address on my license changed. They're open 5 days a week save for major holidays and open from 9-6 I believe.

Quote:
How much are states spending on voter education on voter ID ?

The Republicans are spending a lot of taxpayers money on lawyers to suppress citizens right to vote.
How much do they need to spend to educate people to the fact that "You need ID to vote". I suppose however much it takes to translate to spanish "Usted necesita una tarjeta de identificación para votar."

Quote:
"Remember, all of this money is being spent to defend a law that solves a problem that has been proven not to exist. With South Carolina leaders attempting to balance the state budget on the backs of its workers, fiscal conservatives should be asking themselves whether such an unnecessary expense is really worth it.
Vote fraud is real—Michael Walsh - NYPOST.com

Voter Fraud Is Major Election Threat Based on Recent Cases, Analyst Says | CNSNews.com

Victims of Voter Fraud: Poor and Disadvantaged are Most Likely to Have Their Vote Stolen

Hell even Republicans are guilty:

Voter fraud retires shameless GOP official - Salon.com

If you really want to sink your teeth into the civil rights aspect of this voting reform issue, look at the purging of the voter rolls in FL:

Is Voter Fraud a Real Problem? | Debate Club | US News Opinion

That I'll agree with you on. But then again this is Rick Scott we're talking about...
Last edited by Apoplectic1; August 20th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.