View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Babalistic

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab25 View Post
Here's the file:
http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_incredible/2f1ca959c767.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZO N_WWE_4.08.605.15-4.08.605.2_release_264040.zip

Need to download it to your sd card. It can't be within any folders and has to be named: update.zip

Then power off your phone... Next, press and hold the volume DOWN button, while continuing to hold, press the power button till your phone turns on. A screen with a white background will eventually show up. Use the volume keys to highlight "recovery" and press the power button. This will then take you to another screen with green arrows and a black background. At this point your phone MAY automatically try and load the update file, if it doesn't (give it a minute first) press volume UP and power at the same time and you will be presented with options. Select "install update.zip" using the volume keys and press the power button. The file should install. If it doesn't, report back with any errors you receive.
I've been having the same problem, so I gave this a try, but I first got "Unknown volume for path," "Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip," "Installation aborted." Then below it went through finding, opening, verifying update package, "E: failed to verify whole-file signature," "E: signature verification failed," installation aborted. Ugh.