I dropped my MT on the floor last week, and the screen went nuts. Luckily I have the BB protection plan and so I upgraded to the EVO V just paying the difference (~70, that is $90 - $20 refund on the protection plan). So far I am pretty happy with it:
1. In general radio reception seems better (1x and 3G).
2. GPS is instant lock.
3. Already on ICS.
4. bigger screen.
5. 3D photo/video are a bonus.
6. better battery.
The downside is:
1. I am forced to switch to $35/month plan. ;(
2. no WiMAX coverage in my area (san diego). ;(
3. Phone is a bit thicker and heavier.
4. Phone seems to be more fragile physically with the cheap plastic, worried that it will break more easily than MT if I drop it. ;(
I would have switch to T-Mobile $30 plan and buy the Galaxy Nexus. But I don't like that it doesn't take a SD card... So for now I am staying with VM for a while.