Thread: Support "UPDATE" question
View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
lunatic59
Moderati ergo sum

Device(s): Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1, Nook Color, Asus Transformer T-1
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 13,228 Times in 7,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeder View Post
That's exactly my issue, the "update" info that came across my phone said it was a "bug fix" update. And it isn't like complaining that windows 8 is different from Vista, its like complaining that "I like the features of Vista, so I bought Vista instead of windows 8 and during a service pack update I suddenly have windows 8." Thanks.
Let's first make sure we are all on the same page. Is it that your phone was on Gingerbread (2.3.x) and the update was to ICS (4.0.x)? If that was the case, then it absolutely is much more than a "bug fix" and should have been worded differently. Unfortunately many carrier updates are set to automatically apply.

The features that you had previously are still there, it's just they behave a little differently in ICS. If you'd like some help in finding and configuring them, we'll be happy to help. If you only want to vent a little understandable steam, that's okay, too as long as everybody keeps it polite.

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.