Originally Posted by xman95
1) That is too much trouble (I think) and don't know how anyway.
2) It would cost me even more to buy and have someone do it.
3) You will have to trust someone with your information from what I've seen b/c they are essentially cloning another phone.
4) Getting support would be extremely difficult if things go badly.
5) It is illegal as far as I know. I've seen other posts about that before.
Flashing phones to other carriers is legal, but like you said it's really more trouble than it's worth. What happens when something goes wrong and you lose your flash? Then you just have a very expensive paperweight, I mean you could still use it as a Wi-Fi only device but that defies the whole purpose of it. Unless you know how to flash yourself, I wouldn't bother with it