View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #19822 (permalink)
The_Chief
Accept no imitations!

Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 7,106 Times in 3,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halon View Post
Are you ready for another tax? The FCC is considering taxing those with broadband internet to fund the Connect America Fund.

FCC eyes tax on Internet service - The Hill's Hillicon Valley
Not to get TOO awfully political here, and I'll try not to get out of bounds or start a war... but I am about FED UP with paying for someone else's cell phones and service, and their internet service, along with everything else SOME PEOPLE get for "free". Now they have to have BROADBAND service too???

Nobody paid for MY stuff after my surgeries when I was broke and in debt.
Nobody offered to tax everyone else to help ME out for the YEARS it took to climb out of that hole. And I came out of it just fine.

Nobody has a Constitutional RIGHT to broadband, or even Internet for that matter. We were a thriving nation for some 220 years without Internet and broadband. People CAN survive without it.

I'm not envious of others who get "free" stuff I don't. I'm tired of PAYING for the "free" stuff THEY get... especially when it's not my choice to pay for it.

"Scuse me, folks, for telling you how I really feel about it. You'll find that I don't mince words well in matters such as this.

/end rant

If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
alsaces daddy (August 26th, 2012), breadnatty08 (August 26th, 2012), CaptainRon (August 26th, 2012), Copacetic (August 26th, 2012), halon (August 26th, 2012)