View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
AndyOpie150
AF Contributor
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Optimus V/LG Optimus L70
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,172 Posts

I have an app on my phone that can get the subnetmask and gateway, but I'm not sure if this is for the router, or the modem. I guess I'm going to have to buy a wired connection for the router to PC connection.

I do have the Linksys WPC54G wireless adapter driver, got it before I did a disk wipe just before the Ubuntu install (wanted a fairly clean hard disk to partition for the dual boot). Extracted the LSTINDS.inf already and put it into the HOME folder.
The python 2.7 is included in every Ubuntu since...?
In order to download the python 2.7 and use it I must download 8 other dependecies. Then some of those have dependencies, etc., etc.
There has got to be a better way if you don't have a connection.

Good thing I went dual boot until I get everything figured out, at least I still have a connection on the XP OS.

I don't know why they didn't address this issue in this new version. They have known about it for a long time.
Not very newb friendly to start.

I also noticed that the images on some of the icons in the task bar on Ubuntu have disappered. Hope they come back once I get these dependencies installed.

I really like Ubuntu, but so far it seems that Ubuntu doesn't like my WiFi.

Guess I'll just have to install every dependencie one at a time.
Some one needs to make a package that can be installed right after the ndiswrapper-common that has the rest of the dependencies to allow the ndiswrapper-utils and the mdisgtk to be installed. This is just crazy. Two days just to get a WiFi connection and still not a break in site.
I've heard of learning things the hard way, but WOW!

Sorry for that rant. Thanks for you suggestions.