Did the ota update? then you flashed the wrong image? cant get into recovery? is it so bricked that the bootloader even claims crap about the NV ram being fubar? no fear. as long as it says "ok to program" you should be ok.
this is only for dx's that have had the OTA 621 or above update! do not attempt this if your phone does not have the 30.04 bootloader at startup! (hold both vol keys, the hold power button)
I could write up the full process, but it is listed a million times all over the net. the difference here is i am giving you easy access to the proper files and the right order to flash them in. so, basically-
unzip the contents of the zip included below first, to some folder you can find easy. of course, do not unzip the files inside- those are images
1. install rsb lite and motorola drivers (if you dont already have the drivers)
2. boot phone into bootloader mode. make sure battery is charged
3. in rsd lite, select this file from the zip- 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.zip
4. after the phone is finished flashing, just pull the battery. dont even let it boot. all thats on there is the stock verizon rom with 621 update. stop here if thats what you want.
5. now burn the KDZ iso to a disc and boot your laptop/pc up with it. select the option to flash sbf now and root later. it will run you through the process of flashing the sbf in a little different way this time. FOLLOW THE ON SCREEN DIRECTIONS TO A T.
6. now follow the on screen directions to root the phone!
7. youre almost done! now your phone is running as a milestone, but rooted!
8. install bootstrap for droid 2 (i know, but they say the bootstrap droid 2 app works better then the one for the droid x), install super user and install rom manager. use rom manager to flash clockwork recovery.
9. copy LYXR_621_1.0.zip to your sd card, put it in phone and reboot into clockwork recovery! from there you can flash the LYXR_621_1.0.zip rom! or any rom you want, but i dare you to find a better rom for the droid x!
thanks everyone! all the work done months ago has made it possible for me to get a SEVERELY bricked droid x back to life! the real trick i think was to flash with a signed and verified verizon rom first! but once you have that, you need a rootable sbf! and once you have that, ONLY then can you flash whatever rom you want.
PHEW. the DX is a bit of a pain to play with! but what an awesome result.
ZIP file containing all the needed files! look no further! - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/587032/DroidX621%20Unbrick%20Pack.zip