View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #19973 (permalink)
Stigy
Some say...

Device(s): Verizon LG G2 Retired: Galaxy Nexus, OG Droid, TMobile G1
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Stigy, the XDA thread you posted is very interesting - are you still following it? They're saying that the update includes a new bootloader, new radios, a new boot animation (wonder what it looks like!), and some kind of app/database optimizer - not sure exactly what that last part means.

Anyway, I wonder if all this can be extracted and incorporated into existing ROMs? This thread over at Rootz for the new radios seems to generally have people getting a little bump in reception and data.
Yeah trying to follow it now.

Flashing the new radios now, but curious to see what all this new optimizing stuff and boot animation is about. Keeping my eyes peeled on that.

Edit: Oh wait that optimizing apps thing is what happens when you clear cache/dalvik in recovery. That is nothing new.

I'm curious to see new boot animation though UNLESS this guy hasn't been running JB since he only has four posts and thinks the ICS boot animation was previously used.

If someone's out in left field, the /!\ Report button is to the left of their post.
If someone gives you right-on advice or positively contributes, the Thanks button is to the right.