View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sktthomas
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Alright. I've done a factory reset and run some stress tests on it. To no avail sadly

Uplink still crashes regularly and without reason. This could be a fault with the game itself, posts on Introversions could certainly point that way.

But much worse is the apparent crashing of the dashboard/desktop/home screen app which leaves me with my background. Now my app drawer goes blank too during the crashing.

I have also been seeing a lot of strange happenings in otherwise stable programs: Freezing of the Calendar app, OfficeSuite being unable to save being amongst the most debilitating.

I have yet to encounter the complete "meltdown" of the system where everything freezes but I kinda suspect it's still there.

Imma go down to the store tomorrow after classes and get someone to look at it. Then I hope and pray that that's the end of that chapter.

You have been extremely helpful all of you. I've also been following your discussion and wholeheartily agree, Smoothness should be a high priority in a machine so powerful as this one.

Many kind regards

Thomas