View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Petrah
Psychotic Female
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanked 1,437 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeafish View Post
Thanks for the handy guide. Bookmarked!
Just have a question. Is there any way to restore other things such as your home screen setup, ringtone/notification tones and settings, and other stuff like that? The thing I hate the most after a full wipe is redoing my home screens and redoing all my tweaked system settings etc etc.
There might be some apps that help with that on the Play Store, but I'm not entirely sure. Most of the time a custom launcher will have backup settings, and those backups stay on your SD so they should be there even if you factory reset from recovery. Check with your specific phones user guide though just to make certain.

Edit: You may have to re-add widgets manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBNex View Post
Is it not good to format the sdcard portion? I have a gnex so it doesn't really have one. Can I just copy back the backups? Or not
If you format the sd card, that wipes everything from it (not to be confused with wiping data/factory resetting in recovery). Most people use DropBox (over WiFi) or something similar to make extra backups on their PC or laptop hard drive. If that's the case, or however you moved your backups, yes you should be able to move them back to the SD.

I hope I understood your question, and that I was able to help!