Thread: Support Garbled music playback
View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seanette
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Logitech Revue, Motorola Triumph (CM9 ICS ROM) [retired]
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokens210 View Post
I would personally guess its either the music player ur using, or I also believe I read that a different user had that issue and formatting the SD card reportedly fixed it

I would say if resyncing and such down work

Try a different music app, if that doesn't work

Hook the SD card up to you PC, whichever way you do, and copy everything from the SD
card, like a backup, then reformat the SD card, and best bet I think would be to not use any of the files you copied from the SD before format, copy the music fresh to the SD from the source after the format

If all else fails I think reformat should fix it

Note: in case u needed to know format to fat32
The built-in music app had the garbling issue too. I wiped out the music files and re-loaded. At this point, my normally quite dependable player (Rocket Player) wasn't going to admit I had any music files on that SD card. I've deleted Rocket, backed up the card, it's right now formatting, and I'll copy everything else back, then re-install the player and re-sync from iTunes (by way of iSyncr). Rocket/iSyncr has been working fine for me for months, and the failure mode went from normal playback to garbling very suddenly.