View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
teppic75

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi, I'm a new user.

I had also some experience recently with drakaz ROMS and my point of view is similar to that of Lelouch. Personally, I prefer galaxo because of the speed. I can cope with missing apps, but not with dialer lag, and GAOSP 3 actually bricked my camera. (I had to temporarily go back to 1.5 to get it back working.)

What really annoys me is that while with XEJC6 the phone is recognized by google play as "phone" and has access to all Android 1.6 apps (and there are still quite a lot of them), with galaxo from google play it is not recognized at all, and from market only Android 1.5 apps appear.

Of course one can always find the apks and install them without the market, but I'm always unsure about compatibility and I have the feeling that this approach rapidly decreases the device stability.

So I ask if anyone managed to trick Google Play in recognizing galaxo, and possibly as an android 1.6 device.

I already tried the obvious, that is changing build.prop. In XEJC6 the fingerprint reads:

ro.build.description=GT-I7500-user 1.6 Donut XEJC6 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Samsung/GT-I7500/GT-I7500/GT-I7500:1.6/Donut/XEJC6:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

In galaxo it reads:

ro.build.description=GT-I7500-user 1.6 Donut XEJC6 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Samsung/GT-I7500/GT-I7500/GT-I7500:1.5/CUPCAKE/12:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

It would seem the obvious thing to do to change the latter to look like the former, but it doesn't work. I don't know how, but google play must look somewhere else to identify the firmware and does not recognize the device.

Any ideas?