View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
SEMIJim

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdunn View Post
I told them the only reason I was using call forwarding was because they didn't have service and I was trying to avoid having to go through the contract break thing ...
Let me see if I understand this: You signed a contract with Sprint, then moved to an area with poor-to-no Sprint coverage, then wanted Sprint to forward all your calls to another carrier... for free? Indefinitely?

Seriously?

Quote:
...they said they would help me get out of the contract if I can prove enough dropped calls/no service!!
So they're willing to let you out of the contract you signed, after all. You just have to do a little work to get there.

What is your complaint?

Quote:
I had Sprint 13yrs ago -now i remember why I left ...
Yeah, they are the ones being unreasonable.

Quote:
guess the only answer is root phone and go with forced roaming . ..LOL
Except they'll ding you for excessive roaming.

I understand your being dissatisfied that you signed a contract and then, for whatever reason, found yourself in an area with poor-to-no coverage, but that's hardly Sprint's fault. As for the ETF: You do understand the subsidized device mechanism, do you not? In exchange for a $600 phone for $200 (or whatever), you give them your business for a couple years. Even then: It sounds like they're willing to cut you loose if you just do some work.

Unless I'm missing some aspect of this: It sounds to me like you haven't a leg to stand on.

Jim