here's nature of issue:
ok, let me re-phrase my question
1. Continuum started acting up
2. I wanted to do backup and wipe/factory reset
3. I was naive enough to download Quick Boot and install it; as a result, it will boot into recovery, but does not respond to power button; as a result, the only way to get out of recovery was to Odin it
4. I factory restored phone, but can not do 2 things:
- can not find valid link for PIT file download (is it necessary?)
- can not install anything from recovery, as power button still does not work in recovery mode
5. as a result, I had it Odined one more time and, at this point, I am not experimenting with it anymore, as it's wife's phone, and you know how that goes.
I need help here:
1. I need help installing CWM recovery via Odin
2. Can I root phone via Odin also?
Please, if you post links, make sure they are valid, as most links I found so far are broken or lead to sales sites.
As a result, I tried most guides available - all links are broken; phone locks in recovery; I can not root it, as it needs to be done via recovery - and it locks in recovery. mad circle.
Also this here:
is some malware;
I hit brick wall...