1. Flash stock ec09 in odin (pda section), with pit (this will wipe)
Both at them same time?
2. After phone reboots, place ec09 deodexed on sdcard, then reboot into download mode.
3. Flash recovery in odin (pda section) no pit, and auto reboot unchecked
you mean - this: Ec09 deodexed, rooted (recovery)
Then what do I place onto SD card? Same file?
4. After you get "pass" and "rqt closed" in dialog box, unplug.
5. Pull battery, replace, and boot into recovery.
That's where I had trouble so far, as it boots into recovery mode where power button does not work.
6. Nandroid backup, then flash ec09 deodexed.
7. Wipe dalvik and cache