View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #494 (permalink)
RazzMaTazz
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUbully View Post
This thread is pretty old. Has there been any new developments?
Not to my knowledge. Still works. Not sure what new developments you want.

Quote:
1. Has there been any improvements in methods to synchronize Outlook with Android?
There are still the same working solutions available. You can find them at syncdroid.net.

Quote:
I have a Gmail account already linked to my phone. Can I use the Gmail account instead of setting up a Hotmail account?
As described in my original post, you can use Gmail for email instead of Hotmail, but you can't use Gmail to sync your contacts & calendar with Outlook, unless you use a 3rd party program like Gsyncit. I primarily use Gmail for email, but Hotmail to sync contacts & calendar.

Quote:
Comment: I wonder if my life would be this complicated if I have bought an iphone.
From what I can tell, the iPhone also doesn't play nice with Outlook. (Google & Apple want everyone to use their office software solutions instead of Microsoft Office, so they don't want to make it easy to stay synced with Outlook.) For the iPhone I think you have to plug into your PC/Mac and sync through iTunes or use 3rd party software for true cloud-based sync (like this Hotmail solution enables).