View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
OutofDate1980
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
Um, I linked to an entire article detailing the fibs, half truths and flat out lies that Obama and Biden both told. ...
Just because you say something, doesn't make it true. I gave an example from your cited article that disproves "fibs, half truths and flat out lies that Obama and Biden both told."

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
... Obama says that Romney claimed it was "tragic" to end the war in Iraq. In fact Romney said, " It is my view that the withdrawal of all of our troops from Iraq by the end of this year is an enormous mistake, and failing by the Obama administration. The precipitous withdrawal is unfortunate ó itís more than unfortunate, I think itís tragic. It puts at risk many of the victories that were hard won by the men and women who served there." In another words he's criticizing how Obama pulled the troops out and how fast he pulled the troops out. But Obama is not lying here. He is making a "reasonable interpretation". That's fine. ...
Romney stated "I think it's tragic", referring to the troop withdrawal due to the end of the Iraq war, but wanted to keep troops in Iraq. If the war is over, why keep troops in Iraq, unless one doesn't want to recognize the war is over ? To Romney the end of the Iraq war as demonstrated by withdrawing troops was tragic.

A reasonable interpretation is that Romney believes the end of the Iraq war was tragic, unless he believes Hussein is directing a war from the grave.