View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Kiep

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default about the colors

Just like the rest in here, I found that my phone would not sync events I entered into the Android calendar.

I noticed the different colors in the android calendar. After changing myusername@gmail.com to the default calendar this happened: Whenever I create a new event I can (at the top of the screen) choose if I want to make an entry in the google calendar OR the phone-memory. Choosing the google-entry solves all problems. (on my Motorola RAZR i appears blue or green, the latter being phone-calendar).

Unlike others in this forum I have not found a way to change old entries that were done in the phone-memory. I simply deleted those.

It seems that the phone calendar is intended to show the content of different calendars with different color labels. The phone-calendar is useless, but the viewer has a nice GUI, so I prefer this solution.

An alternativ is to install the Google calendar viewer (an app), but it's http-based and spends time to open. Moreover I don't like the GUI, so I prefer viewing and entering inside the built-in calendar function.

Thanks a lot for a very useful forum!

Kiep
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiep For This Useful Post:
klairkitty (January 2nd, 2013)