View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dungogvolts
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Problem after update HTC NO HELP.

After updating my HTC Wildfire S to Android version 2.5.5, Software number 2.25.841.4 I am no longer able to have my SMS messages displayed or read out on my Eclipse AVN827GA in car multimedia unit. Prior to the upgrade this function worked perfectly I would receive a TEXT message and the multimedia unit connected to the phone and I received a voice saying “You have a new message” allowing me to push a button on screen to have that message read out as well as displaying the message on screen after which I could reply if I liked from the unit itself but as I have said now it does not.

I have been in contact with both HTC and my service provider Exetel, on selling Optus here in Australia, to no avail as both companies advise me to contact each other, the old run around, as well I contacted Eclipse in Australia there reply in part “If it was previously working and now ceased since the update is seems that something has changed in their “MAP” profile of their Bluetooth.”

So this is what I am asking could the MAP profile have been changed and if so how do I get back the old software version,

Android version: 2.3.3
HTC Sense version: 2.1
Software number: 1.52.841.1
Kernel version: 2.6.35.10-ga9ceb63
Baseband version: 47.10.35.3029H_7.46.35.08
Build number: 1.52.841.1 CL72061 release-keys
Browser version: WebKit/533.1

that worked with my multimedia unit or can this version be changed to allow the function to work on my multimedia unit again?
Thanks in advance as I have had no help what so ever from the phone maker or service provider this is my last resort.