Thread: General Who Has Screen Separation?
View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #288 (permalink)
thl99

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I'm fairly philosophical about issues like this, after the iPhone antenna and battery debacles, and similar issues with some of the higher priced cameras that are now on the market. QC seems to be on the back burner for a lot of companies. As a consumer, I sort of have to accept that as a given across all electronic lines if I want the latest technology, but the safety net is the repair/warranty process.

And that's what REALLY bothers me about the Nexus 7. My son and I both have these. Mine -- no problem so far. His -- screen separation late afternoon several days ago, followed the next morning (as it cooled?) by a hairline crack across the length of the screen and lack of responsiveness from the screen. It doesn't work.

My son has had his Nexus 7 for just over 30 days. He bought it from Google. He contacted ASUS about warranty repairs and was told the warranty doesn't cover the screen. He told the rep the screen crack was caused by a condition that should be covered by the warranty. The rep said they (ASUS) would be willing to fix it for $170, because the screen is not covered by the warranty. Period.

This is ridiculous. It's bad enough if people have to return their units and get another one due to poor workmanship, but to have an obvious warranty repair denied? Ridiculous.

I really like the Nexus 7, but I've only had mine since Sept. 5th so I'll probably return it in the next week or two. Scr*w Google and ASUS -- the Internet is full of stories like this. I'll probably wait for the iPad Mini (and I am NOT an Apple fan at all).