View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #281 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.4. CM11 ROM. Baseband: NG8. CM kernel+TWRP.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,944 Times in 2,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by widu13 View Post
Kernel version: 3.0.15-I9100PXXLPH-CL378510dpi@DELL128 #3

I say think as I obviously can't check now! Unless it's elsewhere?
I can find no trace of that kernel for the O2U, "P", variant.

Basically, I think you have flashed a CF-Root kernel that does not correspond to your original kernel which would explain not being able to boot up. Since I cannot be sure of your phone's original kernel at this stage, I think it would be best if you flashed your stock Samsung, "P" variant, firmware to your phone, using Odin. This would return you to the stage you were at prior to your attempted root and once you are up and running you can ascertain exactly what the stock kernel is so that you can root your phone.

From your post, you are on the, "P", variant firmware which you can download to your PC from here.

You can then flash this firmware, which includes the stock kernel, using Odin and following the instructions here in post #1, under the heading, "My firmware is not eligible for ICS yet but I want it now!".

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
widu13 (September 13th, 2012)