View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lightswarm
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Sammy Fascinate - CM10 [4.1], LG Spectrum -Stock everything, ICS here I come!
Carrier: Not Provided

Hmm it seems like I haven't shared my $.02 yet.

Let's start off by Sharing that I owned a Samsung Fascinate prior to my Spectrum. At the time, its 4" screen was the largest at its time and I enjoyed it for multimedia purposes. The SAMOLED display was nice, vivid colors but I never really grew into it. However I bought it because people said that the screen was marvelous, at its time.

When it was time to make an upgrade, I figured I wanted a phone with decent specs, 4g LTE connectivity, and ultimately a screen that proves to be amazing. As a constant phone user, the screen specs mean everything to me. So when I read that the Spectrum has a near PPI to that of the retina display, I went for it hands down. Sure enough I wasn't disappointed. I watch lots of Movies on Netflix, videos on YouTube, and I take a few pics here and there that all look amazing on the screen.

Most importantly, I can use my device in direct sunlight! So much better than the SAMOLED, but that can be argued with SAMOLED HD Plus. Still the screen gives off warm colors and a realistic tone. All for $30, it was a steal.