September 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Join Date: Sep 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nevermind! I found a fix.
Its from this page Samsung Galaxy Gio Flashing tutorial | smartphone and tablet review, tips,tweak and hack
I'll just copy pasta it here:
The solution when Upgrade via Kies is Stuck
- If more than 5 minutes the firmware update process is still at 0% / stuck and samsung galaxy gio remain in a state ’DOWNLOAD mode “, please unplug the USB cable. remove the battery and then put it back.
- Close Kies and the Updater with ALT + F4 until no longer Kies window.
- Then run Kies, there will be a failed firmware update notices, and offered to do an emergency firmware recovery.
- Next up are required to run Kies into recovery mode (download mode)
- Make sure that the Galaxy Gio is off and there is no usb cable is attached.
- Press the volume down + home + power button simultaneously
make sure it says Downloading … Gio screen.
- Reconnect the USB to Gio.
- Press Retry to window “Emergency Firmware Recovery”
- Updates will begin to take place, there will be no downloading of data. those data have been downloaded previously, and stored in the cache
- Wait until the download is complete .. update done