Originally Posted by jonny wad
Ive tried everything on this thread and for some reason metro is still blocking me from tethering. I could tether for about 2 months then yesterday, pow, tethering blocked. Can anyone help?
Found the key on another post somewhere (looked at soo many things trying to get this... my first such cracking adventure) anywho, the change needs to happen in your browser on your PC/laptop.
You need to do a "User Agent" change... so that Metro thinks your internet browser is actually the web browser on your phone
I just did for Chrome & I.E. For both I used an add-on in Chrome it was "User-Agent Switcher" and I.E. it as "UAPick". Oh... to find out what User Agent you want them to think you are (your phone) on your phones browser go to: whatsmyuseragent.com and it tells you. For me in Chrome it went like this:
New U-A String
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SCH-R720 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
Hope that helps! I'm using it now and zipping right along