View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by depaul81 View Post
im new to this whole rooting process but from the few of the stuff that i read, it seems to be beneficial so i am going to try to root my Inspire when i get home. maybe a dumb question from a noob so take it easy on me. so when you're phone is rooted and you have you're tethering on does that eat up your data consumption as i don't have unlimited data plan until i switch to T-mobile from ATT. As i mentioned i am new to this whole rooting thing and i just need some more in depth info.
the root standard for inspire and desire hd is the AAHK,wich is available here: Advanced Ace Hack Kit | TAU – It's All About The Negative

make sure you read everything thuroughly on the page and in the effin manual.

the AAHK will downgrade,s-off,superCID,and simunlock your phone. you can use your att inspre on t mobile,but you will only get edge data

as for your tether questions,im not really suposed to discuss that as a guide,so i cannot help you get it working. but yet,it will eat up your data,just as if you were browsing the internet on your phone itself,so if you dont have unlimited data,make sure you keep an eye on it.
donate to my device fund
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
depaul81 (September 19th, 2012)