Hi toejam1, This seems to be the standard procedure to follow if you forget your lock pattern: Info from the FAQ's User Manual.
2.8.2 How many wrong unlock patterns will lock the phone
If you lose the screen lock password, the phone will be permanently locked and unusable. You can download U8150 version software from the Huawei Website,
(Support - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..
), to upgrade your phone.
Please refer to 2.1 Force upgrade.
2.1 Forced Upgrade
The forced upgrade method is as follows:
Note: After the forced upgrade, all user data (contacts, text messages, and multimedia messages) will be lost.
1. Go to Support - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..
and search for the latest U8150 version, download it to the local drive, and uncompress it to extract the upgrade file.
2. In the SD card root directory, create a new folder named dload. Take the extracted upgrade file, UPDATE.APP, and copy it to the dload folder.
3. Insert the SD card into the mobile phone.
4. When the mobile phone is powered off, press the Volume +, Volume -, and Power keys at the same time to initiate the forced upgrade.
5. After the upgrade is complete, restart the phone, and continue to use as before.
Where it refers to U8150, insert your phone model to search Huawei.
I've had to do this on a phone I purchased on Ebay AU. because the previous owner had set a screen lock and I had to carry out the Forced Upgrade to unlock and use the phone.
Worked like a charm - the phone was like new out of the box. Cheers Neil.